Thursday, March 18, 2010

Marvelous Music - Day 3

Today is all about Canada and acoustic guitars.

I don't know if you know this, but Canada has produced some of the best guitar players, well... EVER.

You have probably heard of at least a few of these artists but whether you know about them or not, it's always worth while taking a few minutes and listening to some amazing acoustic guitar work:

Antoine Dufour:


Don Ross:


Bruce Cockburn:


And we'll end with a little flamenco with Jesse Cook:

3 comments:

colleen said...

Wow!! That was truly amazing! I especially loved the last one. I would give my eye teeth to be able to play like that, well maybe not. Unbelievable. Bravo!!

officehourthoughts said...

I couldn't have agreed more with your choices. The first three are often played on my itunes... and my dad used to play Jesse Cook all the time when I was growing up.

Lisa Sawatzky said...

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I have a really good friend who is an amazing guitar player, and I asked him for some examples of good guitar playing (since I'm not the biggest guitar fan normally) and he didn't give me any ideas, but this is perfect. Very fun and relaxing at the same time, and not just repetitive strumming. So nice.