Wednesday, March 9, 2011

For those about to fast, I salute you!

Well, today is Ash Wednesday!

So, for those of you who will be choosing to fast from something for the next 40 odd days I wish you nothing but the best.  I hope you (and I) will be be challenged, strengthened, and encouraged.

And to get you thinking here is a stanza from T. S. Eliot's poem, "Ash Wednesday":

And pray to God to have mercy upon us
And pray that I may forget
These matters that with myself I too much discuss
Too much explain
Because I do not hope to turn again
Let these words answer
For what is done, not to be done again
May the judgement not be too heavy upon us




And I only mention this because it may effect you as a reader of this blog, but a part of what I will be fasting from will be all things blog related.  Obviously, that will include this blog, so don't anticipate any new posts until after we celebrate the resurrection!