Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008 Everyone!

Hey Everyone, I'm back after a little Christmas break. Our little family had a great Christmas with both sides of our family. Good times.

I love this Canucks soother/pacifier that Grandma and Grandpa Schmidt (Juanita's parents) got Kaleb for Christmas. However, I realize that by posting this picture I am opening myself up for all sorts of Canucks bashing... so, I may as well roll with it.

Let's see how many delightfully clever witticisms you can come up with connecting soothers and the Vancouver Canucks. Just keep in mind that the Canucks are first in their division so any Canucks bashing is purely facetious.

6 comments:

Juanita said...

Nothing wrong with that. A boy should cheer for the team of his father, his grandfather and his great grandfather and so on. (Although I have no idea who his great grandfather cheered for or if he was even into hockey, dad??)

Michael and Sharlene McDonald said...

If there IS any senseless Canucks bashing, me and my 3 boys will stand with you and your boy, dressed in our canucks shirts, wrapped in our canucks blanket, holding my canucks salt and pepper shaker in one hand and my canucks bobble-head action figure (not a doll!)in the other to fend off the feebleminded foes...

I wish we had a canucks sucky...

Janelle said...

i'm upset by the fact that i may not see you in Heaven because of your choice of hockey team...it's ok - only God can judge you. luckily for your little man, he's still too young to know any better. (though i'll admit, he's the cutest Canucks fan out there)

Tim and Annalisa Sawatzky said...

I'm not really sure what your getting at with this post. I mean what kind of connection could there be with an instrument that is used for pacifying screaming and whining babies who have no control over their own whinyness and a hockey team that has never won a Stanley Cup? I just don't think I can make any type of connection. He sure looks good with it though. HEY, this isn't turning into one of those BABY blogs is it?

Tim S.

Anonymous said...

That's a whale of a soother. We live in Flame(out)country, but I am on record here as being a Canucks fan. Flames beat the Canucks last week--first time in forever--some kind of a record I think...

Lisa Sawatzky said...

BORING!

Oh, not the baby, more just the sports debates and stuff. I watched a hockey game the other day, Flames vs. Canucks, and I cheered for the Canucks just to be different. I got kicked out of the room. Oh well, the food was somewhere else anyway.